About Me

My photo
I have always made jewelry. I started out making earrings for friends when I was 8 or 10 and has continued through the years. I love to figure out ways to create a new pair of earrings or a pendant or to make something from trash that someone else threw away.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Going in Different Directions



Recently the last few months have been involved in teaching myself new jewelers techniques. I spent time learning to solder onto metal clay along with soldering other metals. Boy, was this different than pipe soldering! I learned that soldering onto metal clay was a challenge because metal clay once it is fired is very porous. When putting solder on this medium once heated the pores sucked up the solder. Finally after many failed attempts I made my first joined metal clay piece!!! This continued to my painted leaf project which finally became a necklace!

No comments:

Post a Comment