About Me

My photo
I have always made jewelry. I started out making earrings for friends when I was 8 or 10 and has continued through the years. I love to figure out ways to create a new pair of earrings or a pendant or to make something from trash that someone else threw away.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Update on things!

Hi all! Things that have happened in the last few months! I got a rolling mill!! I've been so excited about my newest tool in my shop! A rolling mill is a machine that has two large rollers, that when metal is passed through it, flattens the piece of metal out. Not only does it flatten them out, it also can texture metal when something with texture is rolled through the mill with your piece of metal!
I love it! I have rolled leaves, screen, cardboard, sandpaper. I love rolling something through and feeling the excitement of my new piece of metal rolling out with a new design.
I've been using my jewelers saw alot in the last few months as well.

I also have found a way to fire metal clay that could only be fired in a kiln. Check out my other blog:
http://www.seavbeachdesigns.com/blog.html

It shows detailed pictures of how I fired "kiln only" metal clay.

I'm also in a Thing a Week Challenge on Flicker, of which I am week 40. Its been an up and down battle trying to keep up. I think I will join the challenge again once I'm finished.


Follow my blog and receive a 10% discount at check out in my Etsy shop! Check out code:
SBDblogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment