About Me

My photo
I have always made jewelry. I started out making earrings for friends when I was 8 or 10 and has continued through the years. I love to figure out ways to create a new pair of earrings or a pendant or to make something from trash that someone else threw away.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Inspired


Up early to have a cup of coffee and get inspired! The last couple of days I worked on designing a pair of earrings. Got my inspiration from a piece of hardware and a horseshoe. Go figure! Saw it in my head and decided what the heck! Overall I am pretty happy with how it turned out. Hammering out ( neighbors plugging their ears I'm sure ) Wish I had a roller!!! That would be awesome! But I almost like the feel that you get when youre hammering out a piece and putting that extra thought into when the hammer meets metal. Not sure if I would go to a roller but some of the pressing sparks some interest.

I had a friend that went to the Warhol Museum and took some pictures. Boy was I jealous. I get alot inspiration from looking at color and shapes. I'm working on transferring that to metal. I'm planning on dabbling in PMC. For those of you that dont know, Precious Metal Clay is Metal in a clay form that when kiln fired it fuses into a precious metal. Now this is something that I want to work with! I have been sculpting with Polymer Clay to practice with before I get into the real deal. Kinda fun actually I made dog tags stamped out with Name and phone numbers and attached them to bags of homemade dog biscuits for Christmas. Friends seemed to think it was cute. Using Polymer Clay for dog tags is a brilliant idea they are extremely durable, lightweight and they dont clang around. I hate that jingle/clanging noise!

Well, here is my latest piece that I posted in my shop, Enjoy and Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment