About Me

My photo
I have always made jewelry. I started out making earrings for friends when I was 8 or 10 and has continued through the years. I love to figure out ways to create a new pair of earrings or a pendant or to make something from trash that someone else threw away.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Year of Re-Use

This is the beginning of a year that I may have to say, I've been reflecting on for the last few weeks since I've gone to the Caribbean Islands.  I was inspired by colors, the people and the sheer beauty of the place that it made me think... If I moved to an island, where shipping fees were high, electricity was ridiculous.  Just the supplies that I had in my studio, what I could find to re-use within my current reach?  Where would this take my creativity?  Well, I need metal clay because that is my main source for my jewelry making but beside that I have a serious horde of supplies.  So that began my thinking, and out of that, is a year long challenge for myself.
A Year of Re-Use
Its pretty much as simple as that.  I want to try to use my own resources.  I will open a Flickr and Pinterest page just for the posted items that I've made and will blog post while I'm making them and when they are completed.
https://www.flickr.com/groups/2942352@N23/pool/
https://www.pinterest.com/SinteredArtist/a-year-of-re-use/



No comments:

Post a Comment